Thursday, June 24, 2010

Treat Yourself

I decided that I wanted to create something to symbolize my journey. I wanted a symbol of hope, love, inspiration, fertility, and faith. A friend of mine is very talented at designing beautiful, unique jewelry. I asked her to design something for me and this is what she came up with. I love it! She calls it "All I Ever Wanted."
Each part of the necklace has meaning. The rose quartz stones represent love and fertility. They are said to protect the mother during pregnancy and protect the unborn fetus from miscarriage. The turtle is a symbol of fertility, strength, perseverance, and female power.
I don't really care what it is but I think it's important you find something that is meaningful to you to "treat" yourself - anything that is going to remind you of your journey and give you inspiration.
In my never ending quest to stay positive I am convinced that it is so important to make sure YOU are your number one priority! So many times in life people get caught up in worrying about everyone else, about work, about family and friends; but they don't take enough time out to do something for themselves.
This piece of jewelry will symbolize much more than just any necklace sitting in my jewelry box. It will forever represent a time in my life where nothing was a "given." It will represent a range of emotions from sadness and hope to hopefully someday pure joy.
Thanks Tyne! Please visit her blog at TyneBoden Necklaces

4 comments:

Tyne said...

It's in Friday's mail! Take a picture of you wearing it! I'm making a book to show at fairs etc...

Lizzy said...

Ok I'll wait until I find the perfect outfit to wear it with! (something that shows it off, it will make my ugly mug more bearable, haha)

Peggy said...

Liz, I got goosebumps reading this post...very nice:)

Kyrstin said...

The necklace turned out great and the name is perfect!