Saturday, January 22, 2011

Surgery went well!

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers, THEY WORKED!!! They were able to do the procedure laproscopically with robots. It's absolutely amazing technology. Instead of one large cut and 6 smaller cuts I just have the six smaller, this is HUGE for recovery! I still have to remember that my insides went through major surgery. When they opened me up they could only see endometreosis. It took them 4 hours just to cut enough out so they could even get to the uterus. My surgeon said I grow scar tissue like cement (not sure that is good). The endo had EVERYTHING connected again, bladder, intestines, stomach, so everything was disrupted and had to be cut around. (this was better with the robots because they can get closer to organs). My uterus was enlarged, my left ovary enlarged with an endo cyst and my right tube had an endo cyst connected to it. This only confirms this was the ONLY solution and that IVF was NOT an option! I am home from the hospital already (makes me a little nervous) but I just made myself a nest an packed myself in the couch with blankets and pillows. My husband is being wonderful as usual. I now have to wait for the signs of hot flashes so they know that they got all the endo. I am SO lucky to be surrounded but sch a wonderful support system. I KNOW all the prayers helped! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Annie said...

SO happy to read this news!! I did remember yesterday that it was your surgery and said a prayer that it would go well. It's amazing that all that could be done with just six little incisions.