Saturday, July 31, 2010

If I was a Millionaire

Last night my husband, brother-in-law and I participated in our town's Relay for Life (we were on team Hosers with the fire department my husband is on) . It's such a moving experience on so many levels. The Survivors walk around the track and everyone stands around and cheers them on. They are the faces of Cancer, young and old. Many walking with supportive family members, a spouse, a parent, and some with their young children. It really puts things in perspective and helps you realize you should be happy for your health and everything you have in life.
It makes me think. I am a strong believer of "pass it on." Many of our friends and family are willing to help us pursue our dream of IVF. I hope everyone knows that is willing to help that we are the type of people who appreciate SO much every ounce of energy someone puts into helping us and we plan to "pass it on" in ANY way that we can.

My ultimate dream would be to start a charity for families who give birth to stillborn babies to help them cover the cost of medical expenses. I can't imagine the pain of losing a baby (after realizing how people feel who want one SO badly). I then can only imagine the pain of receiving medical bills for your deceased baby weeks and months after their death. I would think it would be like mourning their death over and over, not to mention the stress of then paying for such a painful experience.

I only know how my medical bills have piled up this last year and quite frankly it is an annoying way to spend our money, especially when money is so tight so we can save for IVF. Of course it would be easier for me to achieve this dream if I was a millionaire or won the lottery! Possibly someday I could start something on some level with good fortune.

What would you want to do if you were a millionaire to help other people?

No comments: