- Loans (easier to get probably before the economy went down hill) I once had someone tell me that taking out a loan was like having an extra car payment for 5 years and it was well worth the price of being able to have their own children - she has twin girls through IVF
- Grants - there are IVF grants available depending on where you live and what your qualifications are
- Studies - some clinics may give a small discount if you agree to participate in any studies they have going on
- Mom and Dad - a lot of young couples may borrow money from a family member or receive a gift (this can be a tax write-off)
- Work your tail off - get a second job and put all the money away in a fund
- Fundraisers - I have even heard of couples holding fundraisers for themselves
My husband and I have decided that it is worth spending some of our hard-earned money for a CHANCE to have our own biological child. (and we do have parents who want to be grandparents bad enough to help out a bit as well!)
It's worth it to us to try at least once; if it is not meant to be, it isn't, but at least we will know that we tried.