- Make a chart similar to this one that compare the cost of each clinic http://www.mcrh.com/MCRH-Cost-Comparison-Worksheet.pdf
- Find out what your insurance does and does not cover
- Attend seminars of a couple different clinics and get a feel for how each operates
- Ask lots of questions (you may have to pay for a private consultation)
- Ask what YOUR chances are (not what the overall clinic's success rates are-they are all about the same and the clinic has to include everyones stats so even if someone was given a 2% chance and they try and don't succeed it is counted)
- Research potential money back programs clinics may have. But find out before hand if you qualify for a program. (we assumed we would qualify and were extremely disappointed when we didn't)
I never promised any of this was going to be easy. In fact it is extremely overwhelming. You are still dealing with the emotions of infertility. I cried after every meeting/ seminar/ consultation that we had. It doesn't seem fair that you have to go through the procedures and financial burdens to conceive when everyone else just has to "boink" to get the same results.