Thursday, December 2, 2010

Numb

I wrote a post yesterday but deleted it. Here is a message I sent out to some of my closest friends that have been very supportive and loving. We found out some very bad news yesterday. It is too dangerous for me to even attempt IVF. My condition has worsened and I had a lot of abnormal bleeding and underwent a D and C last week. My ovary now has fluid around it and is still stuck to my intestines. (they can not risk stimulating the ovary) The endometreosis is now in my uterus and I have a condition in my uterine wall that is hardening it. (this eliminates the possibility of an egg donor or embryo adoption) The only solution is a full hysterectomy. The operation will not be an easy one and has to be done by a cancer doctor due to the endo connecting things that should not be connected. We meet with the surgeon on December 20th and we will know more after that. We appreciate everyone’s thoughts and prayers as we mourn the loss of our biological child. Once time has healed us we will look forward to starting our journey of adoption. Every penny we have saved up and continue to save up for IVF is still in our “baby savings account” including everything made at our fundraiser. Adoption is equally as expensive but at least we will for sure have a baby in the end. Even in all of this there is some silver lining. We are thankful to find out now before we have invested much more time and money into IVF. We are thankful that nothing found was cancerous. And I am MOST thankful for my wonderful husband who has been so supportive and loving!

6 comments:

Angie said...

Thinking about you and praying.

Annie said...

Oh I'm so sad to hear this news! You've fought so hard for this. But yes, the silver lining is that now there is clarity about which road will successfully make you parents at last. That clarity is certainly hard to come by. Sending you hugs and praying for your strength.

Michelle said...

I am so terribly sorry for this sad news. Wishing you a speedy recovery. *hugs*

Shanel said...

Praying for you sweetie... I am amazed that even though you are going through so much right now... you're post seems positive and still full of hope... praying that your surgery goes well with no further complications.

Susarue said...

We already love the baby that will some day be yours!!!

adsf said...

Thank you for your comment. :)
I'm so sorry to read your news. That will be tough emotionally. Hopefully the adoption process goes smoothly for you guys and you will have your child soon. I look forward to that day for us as well!