Monday, December 20, 2010

Consultation

Today we had our consultation with the surgeon who is doing my hysterectomy. My endo is so bad a cancer doctor has to do the surgery. The recovery time is going to be 8 weeks no matter what. Best case scenario is that they are able to do it laproscopically (she uses robots) and I am only in the hospital one night. Scenario 2 is that there is a lot of endo and things are still connected and they have to do a full cut (I have already had this twice) and I am in the hospital 3-4 nights. Worst case scenario is that they have to do a bowel obstruction. (my ovary is connected to my bowel they just don't know how bad) I would be in the hospital at least 7 nights. We are hoping and praying for scenario one! We won't know until the day of. I have mixed feelings. It stresses me out to know I will be in so much pain again. It stresses me out to miss that much work. And it stresses me out to take 8 weeks off of work unpaid (my short term disability dropped me after my last surgery). It stresses me out that this is SO FINAL! I have a month to stress about it, my surgery is scheduled for January 21st.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thinking of you...

Mel said...

Liz, Thinking of you each day. I hope you had a good Christmas with your family. Hope all is well. Take care!