Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Home Visit Nerves

It's not even scheduled yet but I am anxious about our home visit even though everyone tells me it's not that big of a deal. I'm not back to 100% to be able to clean yet (I vacuumed the other day and that was a big mistake - amazing how many muscles that uses!) We have things to do like put a few light switches on, closet doors, clean out the junk room (soon to be nursery). So we have some projects bigger than just "regular" cleaning. A few other requirements we have to work on; we need a home phone, battery operated radio, fire extinguishers, and have a disaster plan.

I am also nervous about our dog. He is two and still a little puppyish; we're going to have to wear him down the day before. I am sure things will be fine but I think I just have too much time to sit around and think about it. The exciting part? It means our home study is almost DONE!!!!!

Adoption update: We have our two day parenting class Thursday and Friday of this week. We are scheduled for our car seat class on Saturday the 26th and we need to schedule our home visit.

Surgery update: I'm recovering really well. I'm able to run short errands or go for short visits which is helping me keep sane. My husband and I had a wonderful Valentine's weekend with a couple wonderful little dates. I'm having hot flashes which is a good thing; they are annoying more than anything! I go back to work next Wednesday for just 4 hours a day. We'll see how that goes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, very exciting! Good luck with the visit!

Anonymous said...

Wow, very exciting! Good luck with the visit!

Kyrstin said...

Glad to hear that everything is going well!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the home visit. It really is a piece of cake, but I was freaking out just as you are before.

Here from ICLW.

Victoria said...

I'm here from Mel's ICLW blog roll. I live in CA and have an almost 4 yr old son through IVF/PGD. Five more own egg and one donor egg cycle were a bust and we are pursuing domestic adoption to complete our family. Both my husband and I are adopted which makes this very full circle for us.

http://itiswhatitisorisit.net/

Anonymous said...

Visiting from ICLW...my dog is very hyper and I was really worried about her when we had her home visit. I have no idea how it happened but she was the calmest she has ever been...maybe animals can sense when we need them on their best behavior! Hoping your visit goes well!